Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Remix: Copyright or not

When it comes to copyrighting, there are a lot of issues that come up.    And I am on the fence about it at this moment.   I have had people, friends, who have tried to copyright my stories and creations under their name.   That is a theft that is not easily forgivable or forgettable.   I have never forgotten it and so I am actually a bit paranoid.   As a writer and an artist I feel I would actually prefer it if people came to me.  I have worked so hard on creating my characters, my stories, my world, that I would be horrified if someone took it out of the context I meant for it to be.

Now, I'm not saying that I don't understand the other side of it, so I think I would copyright a good amount of my work and specifically  come up with something that I can release for Creative Commons, that other artist can use.


My Artist Manifesto:

Protect yourself and your work

Help others and create to help them

DON'T take yourself too seriously.
 
Here's the link to some of my older art and stories including fan fiction: My Art Page

No comments:

Post a Comment