Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Baotong Temple, Wuhan China

 
Baotong  Temple is in Wuchang district of Wuhan China.  It was originally called shuizhou Temple.  Then Emperor Kang Xi had the temple moved to its current site, so it’s name was then changed to Hongshan, and in middle of the 1980’s it was changed again to its name, Baotong Buddhist Temple.
It's been a year since I was last at the temple.  I felt very lucky to live only a short walk away.   It was a peaceful place among the crowded and noisy background of Wuchang.  I really liked going places with my classmates.  I went with Jana Bento and she made even the most common of outings fun. 

 This is Kuan Yin.  There are many stories about her.
In many of the stories she was put to death by her father.  Ever since I started to study world mythology I have always been drawn to Kuan Yin.  I think this is because I know I need to learn to be more compassionate. 








No comments:

Post a Comment